Consolidated Technologies, Inc. Becomes a Founding Member of the Cloud Communications Alliance
Newly created Alliance to drive first nationwide hosted-IP high-definition enterprise voice network
New York, NY – April 21, 2010 –Consolidated Technologies, Inc., a provider of VoIP, hosted and premise-based PBX and unified communications solutions, today announced it is a founding member of the Cloud Communications Alliance, a consortium of leading industry players driving development and adoption of the first nationwide high-definition enterprise voice and data network in the IP “cloud.” The Cloud Communications Alliance (CCA) was launched this week at the Cloud Computing Expo in New York City.
“The promise of Cloud Communications goes beyond hosted VoIP, and moves voice communications toward an open convergence with the technology that businesses depend on to manage their operations every day. The CCA is committed to the development and implementation of the applications that make this promise a reality” said David Blau, Consolidated Technologies Founding Partner and CSO. “The eight companies who have joined to form the alliance are committed to this shared vision for the future of business communications. This is a revolutionary approach, and customer education as well as channel development are the keys to wide ranging adoption”.
The announcement was made at the Cloud Computing Expo being held this week in New York City by founding Cloud Communications Alliance (CCA) companies including Alteva, Broadcore, Callis Communications, Consolidated Technologies Inc., IPFone, SimpleSignal, Stage 2 Networks and Telesphere. Together, the companies represent more than $100 million in combined annual revenue and collectively serve more than 110,000 business customers in the United States.
“As businesses have become comfortable with the concept of cloud computing, they are now beginning to recognize the powerful convergent features between cell phones, office phones and computers, along with redundancy and cost savings gained through enterprise voice and data communications that can also reside in the cloud,” said Clark Peterson, chairman of the Cloud Communications Alliance and CEO of Telesphere.
CCA member and Alteva CEO Bill Bumbernick said, “The Cloud Communications Alliance is not just about voice-over-IP, hosted PBX or unified communications. We’re introducing an entirely new way to build, deploy and scale enterprise communications systems that provide HD voice services along with a platform of advanced apps and features that allow businesses to work in ways they never imagined.”
Customer Benefits of Cloud Communications
Cloud Communications Alliance members are leaders in deploying and scaling VoIP, hosted PBX and unified communications solutions. Together, their objective is to promote awareness of the Cloud Communications standard and drive its development through the pursuit of new technical standards, capabilities and applications. The Alliance will also jointly deliver services directly to customers, taking advantage of the nationwide coverage provided by its established, regionally owned and operated service provider membership. Key collaboration points among members include:
- Nationwide peering with interconnected switches and gateways across the country to drive network efficiencies and provide optimal HD voice quality.
- Convergent end devices as the intelligence of the network in the cloud and an all-IP network make communications to multiple end devices and transparent hand-offs between computers, office phones and cellular phones a reality. In the cloud, a customer’s phone or PC can be used equally for their office phone just as their landline phone was used in the past. In addition, cellular phones can be enabled with 4-digit PBX dialing, office message on hold, simultaneous ring and seamless handing off between end user devices.
- A common support infrastructure to provide premier nationwide customer support through faster, more scalable and efficient back-office systems and processes made more accountable by regionally owned and operated service providers.
- Unique features in the cloud instantly accessible by customers through the Cloud Communications Alliance “Sandbox.” This unique capability will allow features and functionality to become instantly accessible for voice and data services by accessing the cloud, much the way popular apps are accessed today through app stores.
- Joint product development, including the evaluation of new technologies and vendors, development of new products and applications, planning to standardize on the best third-party platforms, and joint introduction of new features and services.
- An expanded network of remote field technicians to simplify support and increase customer savings.
- Disaster recovery support across all Alliance members.
- Shared best practices through regularly scheduled forums allowing engineering and sales teams to share and highlight their most-effective platform configurations, vertical solutions and service customizations, and to conduct shared training.
- Thought leadership that merges shared competitive intelligence, coordinates the steering of vendor requirements, and executes joint marketing initiatives.
- Planned collaboration for enhanced customer video conferencing capabilities.
Private Equity Investors Support Initiative
In a related announcement today, significant private equity investors acknowledged support for the Cloud Communications Alliance by expressing enthusiasm for the prospect of more rapid product development and the ability to develop scalable infrastructure more quickly. For the full press release, visit the Cloud Communications Alliance Web site here.
About Cloud Communications Alliance
The Cloud Communications Alliance brings together leading Cloud Communications providers Alteva, Broadcore, Callis Communications, Consolidated Technologies Inc., IPFone, SimpleSignal, Stage 2 Networks and Telesphere to promote development of the Cloud Communications category. The Alliance is aggressively pursuing new technical standards, capabilities and applications. The Alliance harnesses the power of each member’s individual networks and systems to create a seamless, nationwide HD voice network that delivers outstanding voice quality, apps, features and cost savings. For more information about the Cloud Communications Alliance, visit www.cloudcommunicationsalliance.com