The Benefits of Having Your Business’s IT Managed
Companies of all sizes place a priority on operational efficiency, but not all businesses are equally equipped to maintain this efficiency. Small businesses in particular tend to have limited IT resources, meaning they may quickly fall behind in updates and network management, placing the company’s system at risk of an outage or breach. For many, the solution is a managed IT service.
Essentially, managed IT services involve delegating IT tasks and operations to a third-party provider who is responsible for around-the-clock monitoring, management and repair. Managed services are on the rise in the business world, with 64 percent of organizations using managed services of some type or another, according to But why choose managed IT services for your business?
The Benefits of Using Managed IT Services
Some of the reasons to use managed services include:
- Up-to-Date Technology: Managed Service Providers, or MSPs, maintain your technology for you, upgrading IT systems at no additional cost or financial risk. This way, your IT systems are guaranteed to be as current as possible.
- Resilience and Security: MSPs’ data centers and network monitoring systems are designed to provide robust security and backup and recovery systems. Designed to work with nearly any business and industry, MSPs are required to follow stringent security and data management regulations and requirements, meaning your company data is as secure as possible.
- Extensive Expertise: MSPs know you expect the best out of them, which is why managed IT services only hire the best specialists. With an MSP, you benefit from having specialists on hand at all times. These specialists help your business with any IT issues that may come up so your in-house staff can focus on more important daily tasks.
- Centralized Systems: MSPs help centralize your network applications and servers into a single data center. This centralization allows for faster speed and increased accessibility from all staff, regardless of their location. With a centralized system, access to your company data improves, allowing your employees and executives greater access. The system also facilitates secure mobile and web access points so your staff can continue to work on-the-go.
- Cost-Efficiency: One of the most prominent concerns of small businesses about managed IT services is cost. A common misconception is that a managed IT service agreement is like insurance your business may or may not use and that handling issues as they arise is cheaper in the long-term. In fact, one of the biggest reasons why using an MSP is important is that MSPs save you money over time. MSPs accomplish this by keeping systems updated, reducing hardware costs, maintaining high levels of security and providing expert knowledge all at a fixed monthly rate, rather than on an event-by-event basis.
These reasons and more are why your business should use an IT managed service provider. Even more important, however, is finding a trustworthy MSP partner. That’s where CTI can help.
Contact CTI to Learn More
Consolidated Technologies, Inc. has the experience your business needs with design and implementation procedures which helps your business get the most advanced and most functional solutions available. With an innovative staff of experts, we help more than 2,000 companies navigate the ever-changing world of technology — and we can do the same for your business.
Explore our solutions or Contact CTI today to discover our custom services.