This is a sales support position that requires an in depth knowledge of Unified Communications with experience supporting an enterprise sales team.
The Sales Engineer reports to the Vice President of Converged Technologies. A successful candidate will have one or more of the following attributes:
- Experience with or knowledge of IP Telephony
- Experience with or knowledge of either Avaya or Cisco Unified Communications
- Experience with or knowledge of Microsoft Office Communications Server and its component services
- Experience with enterprise LAN / WAN is beneficial.
- Support Sales Team in information gathering in customer meetings.
- Create design specifications for customer Unified Communications solutions based on Sales Team input.
- Design and present technology solutions to prospective customers in support of the Sales Team.
- Support Sales Team in creating quotations and proposals
- Create supporting documents for proposals including Visio diagrams and documentation.
- Assist Account Executives in creating Sales Team Scope of Work
- Answer Sales Team pre-sales questions about voice, Unified Communications and data products and services.
- Provide Sales Team with training on products and underling technology.
- Provide insight to Sales Team on competitive manufacturer’s designs.
Position Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or comparable experience
- 3-5 years of technical experience in supporting IP Telephony or data infrastructure
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of either Avaya, Cisco or Microsoft Unified Communications products and how they function
- The ability to solve complex technical and selling situations with proposed resolutions
- Avaya, Cisco or Microsoft Certification preferred
- Salary: Base plus commission override on sales
Please e-mail cover letter and resumes to moc.hcetlosnoc@sreerac